Sunday 7 October 2012

The Little Boat That Could

One of the Clients where I work commissioned me to mount a little boat she found on a local beach. So I sourced a suitable piece of driftwood from my store of random but interesting objects, Then cut and sculpted it so that it resembled a wave.  I love this little thing, I didn't want to give it to her. You can see why below!

 Who needs Instagram, when you have a decent camera!
 I just like this shot
 I love the way the wood looks like a wake.
 I positioned the boat at an angle to imply that it's sailing in choppy conditions
 No Design would be complete with out a plan view.
 I like the way the boat is missing some paint and the wood is weathered. It's almost like the two were meant to be displayed together.
A card I designed Just in case she wanted anything else doing.
 These felt pads were made from the felt pad nails you can buy from a tool shop that go on the bottom of chairs to protect the floor.
 I made the underneath of the wave with a Dremel and a using a cutoff wheel.
Oh, It looks like the little boat sank in this picture; it was perfect on my computer. Oh well it looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment