Sunday 7 October 2012

Coffee Table; Part One

For a part of my Degree Work I decided to make a table.

This Is the finished Result, Below is some of the sketches that i used to get to this!

I initialy started to look at the similarity's between the Chinese and Spanish. I found that I liked the way the light fell on the hand fans. I knew I wanted to encorporate this into furniture somehow. 
Eventualy I came up with the Sketches below.
This was me playing with the form and chucking a few new ideas in the mix. For example the table on the bottom right would have included an EL-Tape stripe.
This is close to the final design, I drew this from a card model I made. If you like Sketch Models look for the post called 'Shadow Puppet'.

There it is, now all i did was refine it on the computer (Form-Z) and print the plans. 


The next post will be the making of the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment