Thursday 21 March 2013

My RC Camera Car


It's been a while since my last post. The last few days though have been rather productive;

Using an old road-sign and a few nuts and bolts I have managed to make a radio controlled camera platform for my iPod out of an RC car I've had in the loft since I was a kid.

The first stage was bending the cover plate for the chassis which was simple enough. I then cut a hole in it and mounted a servo on springs to damper an excess movement. I then made a 'tank turret' out of an old camera lens to keep the camera level whilst panning. Another servo was mounted on a 'C' shaped piece of aluminum to control the tilt. finally I made a little case for my iPod and Android phone out of a perspex sample I had left over from my degree.

Now I made this I can adapt it to take different cameras such as the Cannon 550d.

No comments:

Post a Comment